Our research approaches for the campaign are nimble and pragmatic, balancing the ad agency’s need for actionable, high impact insights with the government’s need for rigor and process. As translators between science and creative advertising, we help FCB create highly engaging concepts within FDA’s tight messaging guidelines. And we infuse FCB’s strategy team with academically rigorous research methodology and impeccable human subjects protections.
While teens consume media voraciously, they do so with scattered attention and substantial cynicism. To ensure the messages stick, our team oversees iterative research that informs ongoing campaigns with new scientific insights, direction, and best practices. This includes:
- Literature reviews, needs assessments, and expert input
- Formative research and focus groups with representatives of the intended audience
- Online copytesting to measure ad effectiveness and impact on knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs—before ads go on air
- Quantitative research, including survey development, sample monitoring, and reporting
- Media tracking studies to garner feedback from the intended audience on advertising already in market
Throughout the research cycle, we are deeply committed to the principles of prevention science, the objectives of the campaign, and the confidentiality and safety of youth who participate in our research.