Did you know tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among children in the…
Want to stay updated on the latest and greatest public health news? Or have you ever wanted to know why ice hockey fans throw objects on the ice? KDHRC has got you covered! KDHRC is excited to announce the reinvigoration of our Instagram account (@kdhrc)! With our new series, we have segments for everyone, including:
- Dr. T Explains it all: KDHRC Grand Poobah of Research explains the “why” behind some obscure, yet fascinating topics (ex: Hockey identified flying objects)
- Five Fast Facts: description about important public health topics with 5 brief facts (ex: oral health and discussing alcohol and drugs with your children)
- Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper: video series where Project Manager Dexter Cooper and KDHRC President Dr. Kristen Holtz discuss topics ranging from the DNA sequencing of famous composer Beethoven’s hair to health disparities within men’s health
- Remotely Together: highlight of the joys and freedom of remote work at KDHRC (ex: virtual team-building activities and places where we work)
- Blast from the past: Intriguing historical facts about public health that happened on this day in history
Make sure to give us a follow. If there are any topics that you’d like to know more about, send us a direct message on Instagram, and you may see it discussed in the future!