KDHRC seeks creative, highly skilled, and motivated people to join our multidisciplinary team working to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities.
A commitment to excellence and collegiality are the core components of the culture of KDHRC, in which we produce programs and non-partisan research that engage and inform the public health field and the public policy process.
If our institutional philosophy matches your values and interests, we urge you to consider a career at KDHRC.
Position Title: Research Associate II
Position Number: RA II – F2017 – 1
Announcement Date: January 1, 2017
Position Start Date: No later than February 1, 2017
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia (Midtown)
JOB POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of a principal investigator, the researcher’s primary responsibility will be to support a National Youth Anti-Tobacco media campaign by documenting the scientific justification for creative executions. The position requires:
- Strong research skills to review and write critical summaries of research literature
- Impeccable attention to detail to meet client requirements for research justification and citation
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully navigate multiple client meetings and briefings per week
- Experience multitasking successfully under rapid deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Familiarity with principals of health communication and drug abuse prevention; knowledge of anti-tobacco research, preferred.
The researcher will also support other KDHRC project and proposal efforts, by:
- Gathering information and prepare materials for inclusion in public health programs, reports, and papers. These materials may include project reports, evaluation materials such as focus group guides, surveys, and protocols, and public health products, such as curricula, training guides, and websites.
- Write up research results; prepare reports for submission and papers for publication; may present results to clients or at conferences.
- Assist in conceptualizing, researching, and writing proposals.
JOB POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications for this position include: 1) a master’s degree in public health, public policy, psychology, economics, or a related social science field, or equivalent experience in a research organization similar to KDHRC and 2) excellent writing abilities, interpersonal skills, and analytic skills.
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter that clearly discusses your experience and its applicability to the position to email@example.com. We will not review generic cover letters. Your email must include the position title and position number in the email subject line. The application deadline for this position is February 1, 2017. KDHRC will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. No telephone calls, please.